Pastor’s Profile and Job Description
The senior pastor shall give leadership to the overall mission and vision of the church with particular emphasis on the Word of God, prayer, the shepherding of the flock, and the administration of the day-to-day affairs of the church. He leads by modeling, mentoring, and teambuilding, ensuring that the church is engaged in the ministry of evangelism and disciple making.
The preferred candidate understands and lives by God’s standard as expressed in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. He will have experience in leading a ministry, demonstrating growth, and mentoring teams. He will have earned a minimum of a Bible college or seminary degree.
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Be a sincere, spirit-filled, mature, and growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Inspire and challenge our church to become more like Jesus through prayer, discipleship, and loving others in our church and community.
- Able to faithfully communicate the Word of God giving practical application to daily life.
- Faithfully and joyfully minister in accordance with the policies, vision, and doctrine of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- Oversee the ministries of the church.
- Work with our leadership team to provide pastoral care.
- Equipping the church to use effective tools to reach this generation in our community and around the world.
- Pursue personal growth through personal study, small group participation, being mentored, conferences, and continuing education.
We are a loving, caring, and supporting group of believers who have always focused on the preaching of the Word and Missions, both local and foreign. We have a strong belief in the power of prayer and the importance of community which helps us to connect with each other and our Savior to lead our steps. Though our current age demographic is on the mature side, we have a desire to be challenged to fulfill our mission and vision to reach those in our surrounding area with the Gospel of Christ.